Staycation Inspiration: Al Fresco Dining Part One
Posted by:Luckies on 21-10-2014
Haven’t managed to get away this summer? Ah never mind mate, it’s not all bad. In fact, we reckon good ol’ Blighty isn’t a bad place to be – especially when the sun is shining. So fire up the grill, stick a few beers in the fridge and get your mates round for a good old fashioned BBQ… all with a little help from Team Luckies of course. You’re welcome.
1. Make a trip to your local butcher / cornershop / greengrocers or supermarket and stock up on all the BBQ essentials. We’re talking burgers, sausages and chicken wings, plus plenty of chips, dips and nibbly bits. Oh, and don’t forget extras like cheese, pickles and ketchup. Loads of ketchup.
2. Hate to break it to you, but that mouldy bag of lettuce doesn’t really count as salad. But don’t fret – it’s easy to jazz up your greens. Whack some rocket and spinach in a bowl, and top it with sun-dried tomatoes, olives and a crumbling of feta cheese for an easy-peasy Mediterranean salad. For extra pizzazz use the Cucumbo from Monkey Business to cut a cucumber into spirals, or Karoto to make carrot curls that look like pencil sharpenings. Finish it off with a drizzle of olive oil (be sure to decant it into an Oil & Co pourer for added industrial style). Perfecto.
3. Make sure the music is on point by creating a summer playlist on Spotify. Need some inspiration? Our favourite sunny day tracks are Get Lucky by Daft Punk ft. Pharrell Williams, Jump in the Pool by Friendly Fires and She Sells Sanctuary by The Cult. Or why not start a shared Spotify playlist with your mates a few days before so everyone can add their summer tunes of choice!
4. Keep the drinks within easy reach by sticking an ice cooler in the garden. Stick a few plastic cups and a ping-pong ball beside it (for impromptu games of beer pong, obv), as well as a few bottle openers. The Sip Zip bottle opener is a pretty cool one to have to hand – jus’ saying!
5. If you don’t want to spend hours doing the washing up (or explain how that bowl got broken to your housemate), then make sure you stock up on plenty of paper plates to dish up all that grub. Plastic cutlery and napkins are also a no-brainer.
6. Throw out a few emergency chairs, blankets and bean bags for your mates to sit on. If the ground is a wee bit wet, scatter a couple of Luckies’ Come Rain or Shine waterproof mats around the garden – a quick and easy way to keep all those backsides as cushty as can be.
Posted on : 02-06-2016
Posted on : 15-05-2016
Posted on : 11-05-2016